Card of the Week
Date: February 7, 2011
The majority of my cards and projects are designed to be very quick and easy to make and will need little to no instructions other than dimensions. I have provided a list of products that I commonly use at the bottom.
Hugs and Kisses
This card can be made using any combination of colors you’d like. I have another version of this card posted at the bottom.
Cardstocks: Pretty in Pink, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Inks: Tempting Turquoise
Punches: Small Heart
Embellishments: Tempting Turquoise Ribbon. DSP (Designer Series Paper)
Stamp Sets: Jumble Alphabet, Family Phrases
Additional materials: sponge wedge, Stampin’ Write Journaler, pencil, ruler
Base of card: Tempting Turquoise 4 ¼” x 5 ½”
2nd layer: Pretty In Pink 5 ¼” x 4”
· Sponge the edges with Tempting Turquoise ink
· Cut a piece of Tempting Turquoise ribbon 6” long. Adhere to the center of the Pretty in Pink and fold the ends to the underneath.
3rd layer: 2 pieces of DSP 1” x 4”
1 piece of Whisper White 3” x 3”
- Using a ¾” wide piece of Pretty in Pink, stamp the letters to spell “hugs” and “kisses” from the Jumble Alphabet stamp set using Tempting Turquoise ink; cut apart and sponge edges with Tempting Turquoise ink. Adhere to DSP strips.
- Adhere DSP strips to the piece of Pretty in Pink
- 3”x 3” piece of Whisper White – using a pencil, lightly mark 1” and 2” from each side. Using the Stampin’ Write Journaler and a ruler, draw the lines for the grid. Sponge edges with Tempting Turquoise ink.
- In the center square, stamp “Love You Much” in Tempting Turquoise from the Family Phrases Stamp Set
- Stamp the “x” from the Jumble Alphabet stamp set, in Tempting Turquoise ink in the 4 corners.
- Punch 4 hearts using the Small Heart Punch and sponge edges with Tempting Turquoise ink. Adhere to Whisper White
- Adhere 3” x 3” Whisper White to the piece of Pretty in Pink.
- (optional) Cut a piece of Pretty in Pink to adhere to the inside for journaling, sponge edges with Tempting Turquoise ink.
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
Click here to view the Stampin’ Up! catalogs and current promotions
Cardstocks (8 ½” x 11”) - $6.95 for 24 sheets Except – Very Vanilla (101650) and Whisper White (100730) - $8.50 for 40 sheets
Classic Inks: $5.95 each
Craft Inks: $7.50 each
Cardstocks: Pretty in Pink (#100459), Tempting Turquoise (#102067)
Inks: Tempting Turquoise Classic (#100814)
Punches: Small Heart (#117193 $5.95)
Embellishments: Tempting Turquoise ribbon - Discontinued
Stamp Sets: Jumble Alphabet (#115119 $43.95 set of 52 – wood mount), Family Phrases (#114960 $19.95 Set of 9 – wood mount)
- DSP that I used has been discontinued. Pick one that coordinates with your chosen papers.
- Stampin’ Write Journaler (#105394 $3.50)