Card of the Week
The majority of my cards and projects are designed to be very quick and easy to make and will need little to no instructions other than dimensions. I have provided a list of products that I commonly use at the bottom.
Cardstocks: Real Red, Very Vanilla
Inks: Real Red Classic
Punches: Heart to Heart, Word Window, Scallop Oval
Embellishments: Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon
Stamp Sets: I (heart) Hearts, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Confetti
Additional materials: Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Big Shot, sponge wedge, Dimensionals
Base of card: Real Red – 4 ¼” x 11” (folded in ½)
2nd layer: 2 pieces of Very Vanilla; 4” and 2 ¼”
- Run the 2 ¼” piece through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder
- Stamp the background of the 4” piece using the “heart stamp” from the Confetti Stamp Set and Real Red ink.
- I did the “stamp off” technique – stamp on a scrap piece of paper first, then onto the 4” cardstock.
- Lightly sponge across the tops of both pieces using a sponge wedge and Real Red ink. (tap your sponge onto the ink pad, then lightly tap the cardstocks)
- Sponge the edges of both pieces of cardstock using Real Red ink
- From the “I (heart) Hearts” stamp set, use the stamp with the 3 hearts and stamp 2 sets on Very Vanilla cardstock using Real Red ink. Punch out with the “Heart to Heart” punch.
- Using the Heart to Heart punch, punch 2 sets of Real Red hearts
- Punch 1 Scallop Oval from Real Red
- Using the Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, pierce a hole in the center of each scallop
- Stamp “Happy Valentine’s Day” from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set in Real Red ink on Very Vanilla, punch out using the Word Window Punch.
- Make 1 bow from the Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon
· Adhere the 2 ¼” piece of Very Vanilla to the top of the card and the 4” piece directly below
· Adhere Real Red hearts across the seam of the 2 Very Vanilla pieces
· Using dimensionals, add the stamped hearts directly on top of the Real Red hearts, at a bit of an angle
· Do the same thing with the smaller hearts in the upper right and left hand corners
· Adhere the bow to the top of the card
· Adhere “Happy Valentines Day” to the scallop oval
· Using Dimensionals, adhere the scallop oval to the center of the bottom section.
· Add a piece of Very Vanilla to the inside for journaling.
Stampin’ Up! Products Used:
Product numbers for some items can be found on the Resources page.
Click here to view the Stampin’ Up! catalogs and current promotions
Cardstocks (8 ½” x 11”) - $6.95 for 24 sheets
- Except – Very Vanilla (101650) and Whisper White (100730) - $8.50 for 40 sheets
Classic Inks: $5.95 each
Craft Inks: $7.50 each
Cardstocks: Very Vanilla, Real Red #102482
Inks: Real Red Classic #103133
Punches: Heart to Heart, Scallop Oval, Word Window (see Resources page)
Embellishments: Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon #109034 $4.95
Stamp Sets: I (heart) Hearts (#118571 (c) $18.95 ), Confetti Backgrounds (#120465 (C) $12.95), Teeny Tiny Wishes (see Resources page)
Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Dimensionals (see Resources page)