Long - 18 ½ ” x 3½ ” finished size
Skill level - EASY
* 1/8 yd muslin *Thread to match flannel
* ¼ yd flannel * Pencil
* 4 cups rice * Ruler
Muslin Inner Bag:
- Cut muslin – 4 ” wide on the fold x 18” high
- Using ¼” seams, stitch along both long sides, turn right side out
- With a pencil and a ruler, lightly mark stitching lines for the channels at 4 ½”, 9” and 13 ½”
- Fill bottom channel with rice to just ½” from first marked line, stitch along 4 ½” marked line; repeat until bag is full
- Fold in both sides along the top and stitch closed
Flannel Outer Bag:
- Cut flannel 5” wide on fold x 19” high
- With right sides together, stitch both long sides
- Fold under ¼” twice around short end, stitch all the way around
- Turn right side out
- Insert muslin inner bag
WARNING: Heating times will vary with each microwave. Start out with low heat times to see what works best with your microwave. I start out with 45 seconds on the long sized.
They can also be stored in the freezer to use as an ice pack. Store in plastic bag to keep clean. Remove from plastic bag before heating.
Flannel bag can be washed in cold water and laid flat to dry.