Small - 5” x 7” finished
Skill level - EASY
* ¼ yd muslin *Thread to match flannel
* ¼ yd flannel * Pencil
* 3 cups rice * Ruler
Muslin Inner Bag:
- Cut muslin – 7 ½” wide on the fold x 4 ½” high
- Using ¼” seams, stitch along both short sides, turn right side out
- With a pencil and a ruler, lightly mark stitching lines for the channels at 2” and 4 ¼”
- Sew along the stitching lines through both layers of fabric, stopping about ½” from top
- Fill each channel with rice up to 1” from the top
- Fold in both sides along the top and stitch closed
Flannel Outer Bag:
- Cut flannel 7 ½” wide on fold line x 5 ½” high
- On one long side, fold under ¼” twice (hem), stitch
- With right sides together, stitch one short side and the long side using ¼” seam allowance
- Turn right side out
- Insert muslin inner bag
WARNING: Heating times will vary with each microwave. Start out with low heat times to see what works best with your microwave. I start out with 15 seconds on the small one.
They can also be stored in the freezer to use as an ice pack. Store in plastic bag to keep clean. Remove from plastic bag before heating.
Flannel bag can be washed in cold water and laid flat to dry.