Regular - 9” x 7 ½ ” finished size
Skill level - EASY
* 1/3 yd muslin *Thread to match flannel
* ¼ yd flannel * Pencil
* 4 cups rice * Ruler
Muslin Inner Bag:
- Cut muslin – 7 ” wide on the fold x 9” high
- Using ¼” seams, stitch along one short side and the long side, turn right side out
- With a pencil and a ruler, lightly mark stitching lines for the channels at 2 ¾” and 5½”
- Sew along the stitching lines through both layers of fabric, stopping about ½” from top
- Fill each channel with rice up to 1” from the top
- Fold in both sides along the top and stitch closed
Flannel Outer Bag:
- Cut flannel 8” wide on fold x 10” high
- On each short end, fold under ¼” twice, pin, stitch
- On one short end, fold in 2” with right sides together, pin on each side
- Fold in ½ with right sides together
- Stitch along both sides
- Turn right side out
- Insert muslin inner bag
- Fold flap over the top
WARNING: Heating times will vary with each microwave. Start out with low heat times to see what works best with your microwave. I start out with 45 seconds on the regular sized.
They can also be stored in the freezer to use as an ice pack. Store in plastic bag to keep clean. Remove from plastic bag before heating.
Flannel bag can be washed in cold water and laid flat to dry.